The Board of Trustees (BOT) is responsible for the overall operation of the school and it financial viability.
Some of the responsibilities of the Board of Trustees are:
- Guide and ensure the implementation of Lakeview Academy’s charter
- Guide and ensure the success and mission of Lakeview Academy
- Approve the school’s yearly goals and improvement strategies as established by the Director
- Make all major school policies
- Conduct, manage and control the affairs and activities of Lakeview Academy
- Establish rules, regulations, and policies
- Elect Trustees, appoint committees, and delegate authority
- Enter into contracts, leases, and other agreements which are, in the Trustees judgment, necessary or desirable in advancing the interests of Lakeview Academy
- Amend the corporation’s by-laws as deemed necessary
- Hire employees and renew employee contracts
- Report to the State as required
- Oversee the Director and the Lakeview Academy Site Advisory Council
- Manage any elections
- Manage conflict resolution of issues in the school community
- Monitor and measure the school’s three year charter implementation plan, which will be developed by the school’s director
Board of Trustees Makeup
The Board of Trustees is madeup of 6 individuals drawn from parents and/ or community-at-large members.
Appointments and Election for board vacancies
Opening(s) on the Board of Trustees, except the Parent Elected Trustee, will be filled by 2/3rds majority vote by all board members. A parent elected vacancy shall be filled by a new parent election.